Monday, April 5, 2010

Then and now #7

Lornah almost died about a month ago from a severe asthma exacerbation, see old post. The prayers of her father, the medicines we gave her, and God's mercy spared her life. It was a joy to see her walk into my OPD room, with her family. Thankfully she was doing well and seemed to be understanding more and more about her condition and what she needs to do so we don't have a repeat episode like a month ago. After I was done talking to them, her mom said she wants to sing a song. So in my exam room she started singing a song. She was shy and didn't sing real loud, but it didn't matter. Tears were flowing down my face as I looked at her and knew that God had spared her life. Knew that this beautiful song she was singing almost didn't happen. I hugged the family and we talked more about God's grace and goodness. What a blessing.