Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Kansas City



As a new missionary with the Nazarene Church, I got to go to Nazarene Headquarters in Kansas City in order to get acquainted with everything.  This past week, I along with other new missionaries (Ronee Poe, Betsy and Dave Scott, Stephen and Anne Sickel, and Nancy and Brad Firestone) had an orientation at the GMC.  I learned all about Nazarene acronyms, policy and more.  It was great to hear what the other missionaries are and will be doing in other parts of the world.  Although I had learned a lot about the Nazarene Church from being at Kudjip for the past 3 yrs, this week taught me even more.  It was actually a very refreshing and productive week, which I was thankful for.  I am also thankful to be a part of the Nazarene family now.  While in KC, I was able to connect with Gary and Vickie Morsch, who I traveled to New Zealand with back in June.  Gary is the brother of Becky Morsch a missionary in PNG.  Now off to Texas.