Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Elephants




   Some of you know I really like elephants, ever since my first trip overseas to Ghana, when I got to go to an elephant farm, I have enjoyed these massive giants.  About 6 years ago, my liking of elephants increased when in Thailand, I got to play with a young elephant who lived near the medical conference I was attending.  They are pretty big at just a few months old, but they are just like kids and want to play, which was a lot of fun.  Through the years and my travels, I have collected various elephant figures, pictures and other souvenirs and have decorated my dining room with elephants.  So in coming to Thailand, one of the things I wanted to do was to go and see the elephants.  The Kudjip team took a trip after our Regional Conference to a nearby Elephant farm and enjoyed a day being elephant owners.  We learned how to make sure the elephants are healthy, how to feed them and the different commands that they use to get them to stand and sit, how to open their mouth to feed them, etc.  We got to feed them, ride them to their watering hole and then help wash them down.  Thankfully the Thai trainers, were with us every step of the way, talking to us and the elephants keeping us all safe and making sure we had a great experience.