Sunday, October 3, 2010

Time in Harlingen
















I spent the 3 years prior to going to PNG in Harlingen, Texas doing my family practice training at the Valley Baptist Family Practice Residency Program.  During my time in Harlingen, I met a lot of great people, so I enjoyed being able to come back and spend a week.  Over this past week, I have spoken at churches, at chapels, at the residency and spent time with friends.  Harlingen is definitely one of my many homes and the welcomes I received sure made me feel at home.  The Leiberts were gracious enough to let me stay with them for the week, so I enjoyed swimming, playing basketball, making crosses, talking and catching up, and just being a part of their family again.  Although I don't want to go - I will now start my road trip across the south and back to PA.