Saturday, September 25, 2021

Independence Day

PNG Independence Day is a big thing in PNG and at Kudjip.  There are games and dancing and lots of red, black and yellow.  Each PNG Independence Day (Sept 16th) is also a milestone for me and my missionary journey.  It was 14 years ago now, that I first came to PNG on Independence Day.  I don't remember much of that first one, as I was jet lagged and missed my last flight to Mt. Hagen, but I was thankful to be here starting my missionary career.  14 years later - I am still thankful to be here, getting to serve with my brothers and sisters here at Kudjip.  

When I first came, it was for 2 years, not knowing what was next.  About a year in, God called me to serve long term and it became clear over time, that Kudjip was to be my home, until He called me elsewhere.  I am not looking for another calling, I am thankful for the chance to serve here and to be able to bring Light and Life to some of the darkness in PNG.