Sunday, November 29, 2009

My first Csection in new hospital

Since I was either on call or Csection call 4 times in the past 8 days I figured I would eventually get to experience the new Operating Theatre. Yesterday was the day. Betty needed a Csection because she wasn't progressing well. I asked Becky if she wanted to do the surgery, as she is trying to get comfortable in doing them herself, so the 2 of us got to experience the new OT together. I called our power person on call to switch our power to the generator to make sure we wouldn't have any blackouts during the surgery and we got things going. The OT crew has been working in the new facility for a few weeks now so they know where things were, but I took some time look around and familiarize myself with where things are kept for future reference. The OT is very nice and thankfully, the surgery went well and Betty now has a baby girl.