Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Home Church

This past Easter, I became a member of the Angus Church of the Nazarene in Capitan, NM without having ever been there.  This past weekend, I had the privilege of meeting my home church.  After becoming a part of the Angus church, I received emails greeting me into the church family, and now I have faces to go with the names.

I was able to share at a Men's breakfast on Saturday, and then at both services on Sunday morning with a luncheon afterwards.  Everyone was very welcoming and friendly, and had some great questions after the service.  Pastor Rick and Sue Hutchison were great hosts showing me all around this part of NM.  We did the Space Museum, White Sands National Monument, had some green chilis and saw some elk.  The church sits on a campground, so I also had the opportunity to take advantage of some of their activities.  I rode the zipline after climbing up a 50 ft ladder and did some rock wall climbing.  It was a great weekend, and I look forward to being able to come back and share here again.