Sunday, April 3, 2011

Luxuries in PNG

For the past 3+ yrs, I have not had the luxury of having my own dryer.  I have used the clothes line outside my house for most of my drying needs, but have also used the McCoy's dryer.  Marsha lives right next door and she has been gracious enough to allow me to use her dryer, but I sure didn't want to abuse the privilege.  Due to work, I did my laundry on Saturday, which is also when Marsha did some of her laundry, so we often were waiting for one or the other to  finish their load before we could put ours in.  It wasn't a big deal, but not having to share a dryer is really nice!  I bought a dryer last year and had it shipped here on a container from Dr. Todd Winter.  It got here a few weeks ago, and Jordan was kind enough to figure out all the parts we needed to connect it to our gas bottles and install it for me.  So I now have a dryer in my own house that I can use whenever I want to and don't have to worry about if there is enough sunshine outside to do laundry - what a luxury.