Thursday, November 25, 2010

Reunion with Radcliffes

Jim, Kathy, Cilla, Jo and Lydia are back in the States for their furlough.  Cilla is a Freshman at Mt. Vernon Nazarene University and Jim is also there as a professor.  Jim is teaching a medical mission class and asked if I would be willing to share in his class, so here I am.  It was great to see the Radcliffes again and to catch up on all they have been doing in the past 3 months.  I also got to meet up with Ben and Katherine, their oldest kids, who are residents in Columbus and who spent 2 months in PNG while I was there.  Besides seeing the Radcliffes, I also got to meet Steph Doenges's family - sister, parents, and nephew, which was nice.  Steph's parents are going to PNG for a visit, but are leaving the same day I am flying back, so unfortunately, I won't see them in PNG as we will pass in the air somewhere over the Pacific.  The Radcliffes head back in a month, and Tim and Cilla are heading back too, so it will be good to see them in PNG again too.  It was great to see my PNG family again and at Thanksgiving time, it was a great reminder of all that I am thankful for, and my PNG family is definitely one of them.