Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Quizzers Need YOUR Help

Ethan, Jo, Uncle Bill, Lydia, Jessica, Quinton and Allison
Our Kudjip Paia Bible Quizzers have been spent a lot of time during the past 6 months studying the book of Hebrews, 1 Peter and 2 Peter for the national quiz at Olivet Nazarene University in July.  6 of our MKs, Allison Dooley, Ethan Myers, Jessica Myers, Lydia Radcliffe, Josiah Radcliffe and Quinton Schmelzenbach will be traveling back to the US, the end of June, to prepare and then participate in the national quiz from July 2-5th

The kids have been working really hard and have made great strides, especially in the past few weeks.  It is rare to find one of the MKs walking around without the quiz portion in their pocket.  They can be found studying before (or during) the afternoon sports activity, at 0630 when they meet Uncle Bill for flash practices before school, during school when they work with Stephen on jumping, and then anytime they can at home on their own.  

We are excited about the opportunity they will have to participate in this major youth event, and the role it may have in their lives.  They are excited about the opportunity they have to represent the Asia/Pacific Region, Papua New Guinea and Kudjip Station at the Bible Quiz competition.  This is what some of the kids have said recently about quizzing:
"Quizzing for me is like a family tradition. All of my siblings have participated in one way or the other, some of them had the opportunity to go to the national quiz in the US. It has been a renewing time for me as I have put the Word of God in my heart. Not only is the competition fun, but the study of the Word is also very beneficial to spiritual growth. I am looking forward to the quiz in July, following my older siblings footsteps in this is something I have been longing to do for a while." - Josiah Radcliffe

"For me, quizzing has shown me that my mind truly has few boundaries. I can learn so much if I apply myself and try. Besides that, though, it is especially thrilling when I hear a passage from Hebrews or 1 and 2 Peter and know the text around and the verses in it as well as being able to think back to the quizz practises where that passage became mine."  – Jessica Myers

The only problem is that this is an expensive venture, but one WE believe will be a great investment in their lives.  It will cost more than $3000 for each MK and adult chaperone to go back to the US for this quiz, would you be willing to help?

If you are interested in helping you can write a check to:

Global Treasurer Church of the Nazarene
Memo: Work of McCoy – Quiz Team

Send to: Global Treasury Services
Attn: Molly Cole
17001 Prairie Star Parkway
Lenexa, KS 66220

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to email me.

Heb 13:15-16 “Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise – the fruit of lips that confess his name.  And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.”