Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Snorkeling

Snorkeling is the main activity that happens in Madang when you go on vacation.  I don't know all the names of the fish, but Finding Nemo has taught me some.  I got to meet Merlin and Nemo this time in their sea anemone home. 
 
I enjoy just hovering over the reefs and taking the time to watch and observe the activities of the fish.  In doing so, I often realize that things that I thought were sticks or old coral or the sand are actually camouflaged fish that I miss when I just swim over them.  There are so many different kinds of coral too that always make snorkeling fun, as you never know what you might see.




Some kids were able to find an octopus one day as we were out snorkeling and they were fishing.  I kept trying to spot arms or legs when I was out there, but never saw anything that seemed like an octopus, but the kids sure spot them.  


The Blue Starfish is definitely my favorite underwater creature in Madang, and we saw a lot of him.