Friday, January 30, 2009

Surprise Visitor

I was walking to work this am when I see a guy with a backpack walking up the road toward me. We have had a lot of new folks arrive recently because of visitors and people for the hospital dedication, so I was trying to put his face and the new names together, but it wasn't happening. As we got closer, he smiled and said "Are you Erin?" "Yes." He looked familiar, but I couldn't quite place him. I said, "and you are?" "Pikinini bilong Dr. Bill" - of course Josh, who looks just like his dad and grandpa. I asked if his parents knew he was coming - nope, but they were about to find out.
So Josh has been traveling the world since mid-December doing a lot of climbing and managed to make it to Kudjip in time for the dedication today. I know it was quite a surprise for his parents and grandfather when they saw him, reunions are nice. I know they will enjoy having him here. So those of you who follow my blog for McCoy news - stay tuned, with 3 generations of McCoys here there will be more likely to follow.