Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ben and Katherine's Graduation

Ben and Katherine Radcliffe will graduate from their medical school at Wright State on the 22nd of May when they get back to the US. Their PNG family won't be able to be there, so we had a little celebration for them here. Ben and Katherine shared testimonies of what God has done and how God has worked in their lives, we sang, others shared memories, and we prayed for them before a time of refreshments and pictures. As Bill put it, it wasn't just a graduation service, it was also a sending service. They were being sent from their home PNG church to the next phase of the medical training, residency, in preparation for the calling God has placed on them - to be medical missionaries. The song, Here I am Lord, is a song I use to sing a lot in the Catholic Church growing up. I enjoyed singing the song when I was younger, but it has only recently really started to mean something to me. The song talks of one hearing God's calling and being willing to say, Here I am, I will go. As we sang that song, I couldn't help but think of my calling from the Lord. The calling He has given me to continue to serve Him as a missionary. I still am trying to figure out where that is, but I can't deny the call He has placed on my life. As I saw the Kudjip station family surround Ben and Katherine with love, prayers, and support, I couldn't help but be thankful for the time God has given me here. The time I have had to be a part of this family and the blessing it has been. I trust God for the future and for His leading in where to serve Him, but until then, I will make the most of my time here with this family.