Monday, October 28, 2013

Weekend activities


 
Many of our ladies went to a women's retreat in Bali Indonesia for a few days last week.  Adam Peterson mentioned something about Gracyn wanting to sleepover at my house, so I took him up on the offer.  Gracyn is just a few days older than my niece, so it was fun to get to spend some 1-1 time with her.  Gracyn did great, the only problem of the evening turned out to the be the pack n play.  I should have known that since Adam, Tim and I couldn't figure out how to take it down at his house, it wasn't going to be easy to put it up either.  After trying many times to get the sides to stay up, I turned to Google for some help.  Almost all the moms who have boughten this pack n play say that the setup and take down is horrible.  Thankfully, one nice mom wrote out the specific steps that needed to be taken.  This allowed me to successfully put it up and Gracyn slept all night long.  When it came time to take it down in the am, the directions weren't as helpful, so we used the Land Cruiser to return it to Adam's house.  I don't recommend the Joovy ultralight pack n play to anyone who maybe looking to buy one in the near future.  



I also decided to have a lunch for all the kids.  So the Peterson 4, Dooley 3 and Goosens 3 came over for lunch on Sunday.  I recruited Judy Ralph, our newest MK elem teacher, Lydia and Allie to assist in helping to feed, entertain and look after all the kids.  We had spaghetti, salad, rolls and jello jigglers which the kids seemed to really enjoy.  It was fun to get to hang out with the kids, and I was thankful for all my helpers.