Monday, December 10, 2018

Trip to Kumul

Eastern Crested Berrypecker
Belford's Melidectes
Male Ribbon Tail Australia
Brehm's Tiger Parrot
Feeding Table











Regent Whistler
Stella's Lorikeet











I have enjoyed learning about birdwatching from Bill and Marsha.  I knew next to nothing about birds when I came and now know considerably more and enjoy the opportunity to find new birds.  This weekend, I went to Kumul Lodge with the McCoys, one last trip to see the birds before they retire.  Kumul Lodge has a great setup with a feeding table where many of the birds come and feed on the fruit that the staff put out.  There are also many different trees around in the rainforest allowing opportunities to see birds that don't visit the feeders.

I saw a few new birds this time - including the Crested Satinbird (orange guy), and the Regent's Whistler.  Along with some old faithful's - the Sicklebill, the Astrapias, the Tiger Parrot, the Honeyeaters and more.   We enjoyed an adventurous hike and the time together.  I will miss these adventures with the McCoys come January, but thankful for all those we have shared together.
Crested Satinbird