Friday, January 4, 2019

McCoys Retiring

Bill and Marsha McCoy have served as Nazarene Missionaries since 1985 in Swaziland and then Papua New Guinea.  I have been blessed to have them as my next door neighbors and as my Family ever since I moved to Kudjip.

Bill has taught me most everything I know about being a doctor here.  I am a better doctor because of him and the wisdom he has imparted to me through the patients we have cared for together, and the thousands of questions I have asked of him over the years.

Marsha has taught me how to cook, how to eat almost anything because of her great cooking, and how to love well.  

Together they have helped me navigate the past 12 years of my missionary life and the successes, failures, trials and tears that have come with it.


They have shown what being faithful to God's call on your life looks like for 30 years and by watching them have encouraged me to do the same.  Although they are heading back to the USA, parts of them will remain.  They haven't just lived and served - they have invested in me and so many others here, that their presence will continue to be felt for years to come.  They have been Jesus to patients, to pastors, to staff, to PNGians and to missionaries and we have been changed because of it.  So, as I care for patients and serve those who God puts in front of me today, Bill and Marsha's presence will be felt because they have helped make me the missionary and doctor I am today.

Thank you for serving, and for loving and for being Jesus to me and so many.  You will be missed.