Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Trip to see the McCoys



Bill and Marsha retired from missionary service in PNG in January.  I got to see them during commissioning in KC in Feb, and now got to spend almost a week with them in CA.  Despite the rain, cold and clouds which hid Mt. Shasta, Lassen and Castle Crags, we enjoyed the hikes and waterfalls around Dunsmuir, McCloud and Burney.  It felt like winter at times, but we made the most of it.




When not hiking, I got some chainsaw lessons from Bill, helped clear a little bit of his land, enjoyed Marsha's great cooking and the Warriors games.   I also enjoyed spending time with many of the other McCoys, who have also become like family to me over the years.

There are many folks at OroNaz who have partnered with me in the ministry at PNG for the past 10 years, so it was great to get to share with them about what has been going on.  I also got to spend some time with Janice and Dave Walker who run Project Save, which has sent us containers of medical equipment through the years, including 2 already this year.  It was a great week - I will be back.