Friday, October 12, 2007

My week on C ward





This week I have been rounding on the C ward - medical ward. I have been splitting the ward with Dr. Bill McCoy. Dr. Bill is a lot quicker than I and usually finishes his side long before me, but not before I ask him for insight into my pt's problems. I am thankful for him. He has a lot of experience with all the diseases I am not familiar with and I have learned a lot from him. One of the sickest pts I have cared for is a lady named Pessy (pictured above getting blood). She is severely anemic - Hgb today 3.8 and that is after 4 units of blood. Our blood bank has been low so myself and some other missionaries have donated blood for her. She is having a GI bleed, but also has multiple liver abscesses. We are waiting her for stabilize before Dr. Jim decides if he should try and drain her abscesses in surgery. God's hand has sustained her these past 2 days and we are praying for Him to continue to see her through this illness.