Thursday, October 4, 2007

OB ward




This week I have spent time rounding on B ward - which is the OB ward. This ward contains patients who are waiting to deliver, or have delivered and their newborn babies. Dr. Scott Dooley has been helping me learn the ropes of OB here. Some of what I have seen and done this week include: sewing up a 4th degree laceration, casting a newborn for clubfoot, caring for a women who was kicked by her husband and has preterm premature rupture of membranes, caring for preterm twins, and caring for a lady who presented with a transverse arm presentation, who had ruptured her uterus at home and was in shock (Praise God she made it through surgery). God has given me the opportunity to pray with many of these patients and I have had opportunities to share Jesus with them.