Saturday, November 3, 2007

My 1st CSection by myself



This past Thursday while on call, I received word of a lady who had been laboring at home and at an outlying aid post for most of the day. At the aid post, they had attempted to place a vacuum, but it had failed to deliver the baby. So now she was at our hospital. Praise God the baby, despite mom having been in labor for a long time - still had a heart beat. So we prepared for CSection. I had talked with some of the docs about doing the CSections by myself now - since I had done about 10 on my own, and they agreed I would be fine with routine sections. So I was praying and preparing to do it alone. Leigh Anne - the medical student who just left was still here, so she came to assist me - which was a huge help. Praise God we had a healthy baby boy, and a healthy mama - Shirley is her name. The baby doesn't get a name for a while yet. Psalm 103:8 - "The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love."