Wednesday, June 3, 2009

New Internet Cafe

We have had a lot of internet issues on our station since I have been here. At times the internet works great, but most of the time it doesn't. I can't complain as I am still able to get on and talk with my family, and email, and post blogs, but it often is slower than we would like. Within the past few weeks though, things have gotten worse, especially for the North side of the station. The north side's connection somehow has been interrupted and now they are without internet into their houses. So now, they have to go to the field office, or someone else's house to use their internet. Those of us with internet are happy to host those without, but an internet cafe has also developed - the McCoy's porch. I have a wireless router that the McCoys are able to use and that works on their porch, so before and after the graduation party folks were using the internet. Some asked me if I served coffee, I don't. They thought it would be a nice touch, but since I don't drink coffee I don't see it happening in the near future.