Sunday, June 6, 2010

New Zealand

I have just returned to PNG after a week's vacation in New Zealand. Everyone I had talked to about NZ has said it is beautiful and after being there for 1 week I would have to agree. As we
drove, everywhere I looked I was surrounded by beautiful snow
capped mountains, lakes, or green valleys. The beauty of God's creation was very apparent.
I was thankful for the opportunity to go. Ever since I got here I have wanted to go and see NZ. Becky Wallace and I talked about making a trip before she leaves in Nov and then we found out Becky Morsch's family was coming to visit her and was going to go to NZ, so we joined them. I almost didn't get to go when my passport was lost in the visa renewal process, but thankfully God worked that out before it was time to go. The 7 of us set out in a 10 passenger van to see all
we could of the South Island and I think we did a pretty good job in our 5 days. We started in Christchurch and after a stop at a local mall to pick up warm clothing, we started south. We made stops in Lake Tekapo, St. John's Observatory, Lake Pukaki, Queenstown, Te Anau, Milford Sound, Garston, Arrowtown, Hasst, Fox Glacier, Franz Josef Glacier, Hokitika, Arthur's Pass and then back to Christchurch. We didn't get to everything on the South Island, but we made the most of the time we had.