Tuesday, November 29, 2011

So much to be thankful for

Marsha hosted the upper end of the station for an informal Thanksgiving dinner.  Informal meant paper plates and blue tablecloths, but was full of thanksgiving and great food and good fellowship.  We all shared some of what we are thankful for and then enjoyed all the food that everyone brought.  We had grilled chicken, turkey legs, salad, green bean casserole, zucchini, pumpkin, sweat potatoes, baked potatoes, asparagus, rice and rolls.  It was all very good, especially the dessert – I had the apple rhubarb crisp. 

There are many things that I am thankful for, some include: 
-        A God who loves me despite my imperfections
-        A Savior who died for me
-        My family – both back home and in PNG
-        The opportunity to serve here in PNG
-        The chance to share God’s love everyday as I work
-        Enough nurses to serve our patients and keep the wards open
-        The support of friends and family who make it possible for me to be here