Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Trip to Glacier National Park













I was fortunate to have some speaking engagements out in Montana and Wyoming, so I took the time to spend a few days in the Glacier National Park.  Daly, my friend, went with me as we got to see God's beauty up close.  We did some hiking, saw some waterfalls, drove the Going-to-the-Sun Road a few times, visited with some mountain goats, went horseback riding and white water rafting.  It was a quick 2.5 days, but definitely a great time.

I had never been out this way, so I  enjoyed seeing as much as I could and wanted to stop and take thousands of pictures, but my camera wouldn't hold that many.  The mountain goats were the main wildlife that we saw, especially up on the  Hidden Lake trail where they were just hanging out.  We did see one black bear while rafting, but thankfully we didn't have other bear encounters despite there being many sightings of bears throughout the park.

It was a great 2.5 days and I definitely would love to go back.