Sunday, March 17, 2013

Too soon

She came too soon.  She had 4 more months to grow and develop inside of her mom's belly, but instead, the water around her rushed out and shortly thereafter she did too.  She was tiny, but her heart was beating, her lungs were bringing in oxygen, she grasped your finger and opened her eyes.  Mom didn't expect her to live long because she was too early, but she made it 24 hrs and so mom brought her in.  She was small, but alive.  We gave her oxygen, we started her on antibiotics, gave her IV fluid, and put her under a warmer, but her little body of 690 grams gave out.

We do remarkably well with babies who weigh around 1200grams and with a few who weigh 1000 gms, but under that we struggle and this little one was just too little.  Pray for her mom as she grieves the loss of her daughter.

Ps 139:13-14 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."