His dad told him to go to school, instead he went with friends and played behind his house in the bush. When he fell and got a piece of wood stuck in his leg, he had to go to his dad telling him he was hurt. His dad brought him into the hospital asking if we could help.
Thankfully, the stick just lodged under the skin, but didn't do any real damage. We were able to easily remove the stick after making a small hole in the skin, and we washed it out really well. Hoping the kid remembers to go to school next time.