Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Toea

Toea has been admitted to the hospital a couple times with anemia which has required transfusion. We aren't sure what is causing her anemia, but hope to find out something from a recent bone marrow aspirate. Toea is still alive today because of God's grace. She was a Jehovah's Witness, so they don't believe in receiving blood products, but for some reason she said she would take them. She has received blood from her family at least 2 times now when her hemoglobin has been at 3 and 4. Scott Dooley, who initially admitted her, has talked with her and her family about the Lord a few times, and we have prayed for her at our prayer meetings.

On Sunday, when we were sharing the gospel on the wards, I saw her and all I could do was pray for her. I prayed for God to reveal Himself to her and for her to believe. She wasn't one of the patients who asked for individual prayer, so I said 'Hi' to her as I passed her bed and silently prayed for her. On Monday, when I talked with her, I asked her about what she heard. She didn't say much, but I told her that if she had questions or wanted to talk to someone, I would be more than willing, as would others. Today, she was ready to go home and I wanted to talk to her about the Lord before she left. I looked at her Spiritual notation sheet and saw the chaplain wrote that she had become a Christian on Monday. Praise God, talk about God's grace. She took the blood from family to sustain her in this life, and now the blood of Christ has washed her clean, and will sustain in this life and the life to come. We prayed today and I encouraged her to learn more about Jesus everyday. Keep praying for her as she goes back to her family as a believer, that God might use her to bring others to Himself also.