Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Houston, we have a problem



One of the things I got in the container was a blanket that I had had since college.  It was nothing special, just a blanket for my bed (for some reason I get cold at night).  So I was washing my new towels and things and threw the blanket in the washer as well.  I was quite surprised when I went to move things into my dryer to find that the blanket had turned into 100s of little blue pieces that were throughout the washer and on everything in the washer. 
 

I had to pull things out one at a time and just shake out the blanket pieces.  Thankfully my vacuum picked up all the blue pieces which made the cleanup process much easier.  I had cleaned out my washer, but apparently not well enough.  When I put the clothes back in to wash again, I had a similar, but less severe result.  So I got to cleanup the washer and the clothes a 2nd time.  It was great fun.