Saturday, July 23, 2011

A new look in my house


living room before





living room after
living room before
living room after

my bedroom after

This past weekend the container from Nazarene Hospital Foundation in Oregon arrived.   Since I was home in the fall, I ended up sending a bunch of stuff to Todd and having him pick up stuff for me.  Most of it was for my house to make it more my own.  So after the rain stopped and we got the container unloaded, I started to go through all my stuff and started redecorating. 
guest bedroom after

dining room after

I got new covers for my couch, loveseat and chair and then all new curtains for my house.  I borrowed the McCoys stepstool and drill for the job and in the process recruited their help in hanging up my curtains.  Bill didn’t know what he was getting into and kept thinking (and probably hoping) we were almost done.  With his arm aching from screwing in the new curtain rod holders and realizing we weren’t done yet, he finally went and got a bigger drill bit, which made his job much easier.  With the 3 of us working, we managed to put them up in a short period of time.  I don't know how long it would have taken me by myself, but I was sure thankful for the help.  

With the redecorating came some cleaning as well, which was a good thing as I started to go through things and try and determine what I really need and what I don't.  Now I am thinking maybe I should paint - we will see.