Sunday, August 2, 2009

My future

As of Sept 14, 2009, my two-year term of service with World Medical Mission’s Post Residency Program will be complete. But the sense of God’s call on my life to long term medical missions has just begun. My heart’s desire, in obedience to that call, is to continue to serve the Lord Jesus Christ in Papua New Guinea at Kudjip Nazarene Hospital. In order to do so, I need a group of people to affirm this calling on my life—people who support me, pray for me, listen to my stories, laugh and cry with me, and who will hold me accountable. I need you. Over the past 2 years, God has given me the opportunity to touch the lives of many patients in Papua New Guinea. I think of Buldung with lymphoma, Ismeal with leukemia, Paul with melioidosis, Kulna with choriocarcinoma, Tangumb with a liver abscess, Emmanuel with HIV, Anita with malnutrition, William with pericardial TB, Jesmeal with a brain tumor, and numerous others whose names and faces have touched my life and my heart. God’s call on my life not only involves physical healing for my patients, but their spiritual well-being as well. By demonstrating Christ’s love, through prayer and sharing the gospel, lives are being transformed every day. I recently shared the hope of new life in Christ with Nason, a young man with metastatic testicular cancer. I look forward to seeing him and many other Papua New Guineans in heaven because of the work of this hospital and its staff. I can’t say how long I will be in PNG, but I can’t imagine being anywhere else at the present time. I want to serve and be obedient to the Lord. I understand things could change at the hospital or God may call me to another location, but until then, Lord willing, I will be here. I will continue to serve with World Medical Mission, although without direct WMM financial support after September. WMM has been a blessing to me and to Kudjip Nazarene Hospital in so many ways since I have been here and I look forward to ongoing service for the Lord Jesus together with them. I am also thankful for Project MedSend which is making payments on my student loans during this time of service. Would you pray about partnering with me? I need to raise $1400 a month in order to cover my housing, insurance, food and more. I am looking for 28 people to support me for $50 a month. Would you consider supporting me with $25, $50, $100 or $200 a month? I am deeply grateful that our Lord Jesus has called me to serve on the mission field and pray that you would consider joining me in this ministry. I know many of you who read this blog, but I know there are many who read this blog that I don't know. If I don't know you, I would love to get to know you. If you are interested in learning more about how to partner with me through prayer or financial support, or would like to receive my monthly newsletter - please email me and let me know. Erin Meier (elmeier14@yahoo.com)